Let's fight depression



There was a time in my life when i used to hate the word "suicide". Like all other people, i was taught since the childhood that depression is a term which was made to hide the weakness of a person. Whenever i used to hear any news about suicide, i used to feel pity for the person. But as i grew older, i realized that living is more tough then taking your life. 
It feels so tempting for me at some point of time to take my life and end all the miseries one is going through. This transition in my attitude didn't happen in one day, but series of events were responsible for it. But i am glad that my life made me realize that depression , anxiety or any other terms related to it is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength one possess by accepting the fact that he needs help. 
Unfortunately life taught me this important lesson by taking life of someone very close to my best friend and shattering my own relationship with someone i loved.
This blog is a very small initiative from my side to at least start a chain reaction and connect to as many people as i can , who would help me to fight this big menace in life which is taking a lot more innocent lives then any war, accident or terrorism act.

Comments

  1. It would be a great help if everyone could share their moment in life when they felt very low and how they managed to overcome those anxieties.
    People can also provide their valuable suggestions to fight this menace together and share memories of their loved ones who was once in this deep trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes , for someone who had faced depression...i know what a silent killer it is. The feeling of emptiness, losing purpose in everything...constantly fighting to get out of bed...do daily chores.Its all very exhaustive and moreover you dont realize its hsppening because of depression.
    I constantly condemned myself...to the point where i begin to hate my existence. I would only say that talking with nears and dears helped me. Having my parents helped me battle this depression i would those shying away to soeak up. Depression is curable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we become more understanding then things will become much easier for people suffering from depression.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gives a clear reflection. Glad you highlighted this point which is not taken as something to be be cured rather as highly misunderstood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this ever demanding world, anyone can experience episodes of depression at any point in life, be it an adolescent or an adult.
    Even I had my share of it.But what matters is to breakthrough and keep moving on no matter what.
    Kudos to your effort Sarfraz.
    Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firstly , i would like to thank my dear friend for writing an amazing article on such a prominent issue which has greatly affected various sections of society . This acticle very well explains the various transitions at one's psychology of mind during various phases of stress .
    It reminds me of the time , where in quest of achieving worldly baits I crash landed down into a pool of depression . Thereafter the will power and efforts of beloved helped me emerge out as a warrior ( ready to face a problem , with a bigger smile ) . And as my brother Sarfraz very well explained , depression is undoubtedly experienced by all , but winners are those who emerge out as warriors .

    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Depression is such a horrible word

    So now I also would like to share something.
    Same as the author I was also not believing in that kind of worst situation when you are in a depression.
    I was that person who never ever was interested in knowing this problem but time teaches you everything.
    So same happening to me there are so many things which I can’t share here but yes I would like to suggest if you are in depression what you can do is you can do busy yourself like by doing something creative something different like the thing which can provide you happiness.
    Stop thinking about the things which pull you back in a non-productive stage.
    What I use to do is whenever I face this situation I use to travel alone on a long road trip in hilly areas this makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Untold Story About Team Dumpin

Lesser known facts about our former President Pranab Mukherjee

SMDEVOPS